Saturday 23 November 2013

Low - In Concert


There was a point, during Low's performance at the Norwich Arts Centre a couple of nights ago, when I became aware of having no idea how long I'd been watching the band, or indeed how long they had been playing for. It could have been ten minutes or ten hours. I was lost in music. It was as if the passage of time had been rendered immaterial.

Standing a couple of feet away from me, a man struggled to control his emotions as the evening progressed. He wasn't alone. At the conclusion of 'Just Make it Stop' he snapped, yelping an involuntary, 'Perfect!', ahead of the cascade of applause that filled the hall, dismantling the audience's breath-held rapture. Nicely put Sir.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great. I went through a Low phase a couple of years ago but haven't listened to them for ages - must get back on board. Would love to see them live one day.

Old Pa's Corner said...

Oh! I repeat I am so jealous what with Dylan next week....I am coming over for a couple of weeks in Dec/Jan and have asked Shellhunter to try and find somthing live for me....prob not a good time 'tho....brilliant description and the mwmory of your new friend.....perfect.

C said...

I found this song, and the video, unexpectedly moving (in a good way)!

The Swede said...

Thanks all. They were so good and frequently moving. Expectations exceeded.

Greatest Hits