Friday 19 December 2014

2014 - Unfinished Business

Inspired by my recent re-discovery of an end of year top 20 LP chart from 1984, I'm attempting to forge a similar selection from the albums of 2014. I'd forgotten how tricky it is. In recent years I've just produced an 'in no particular order' list for anyone who's interested and actually trying to rank each record this time around is proving a problematic task. I think I'm just about there, but leaving out so many great titles is heartbreaking, particularly if I didn't get around to featuring them on these pages in 2014.

With this in mind, here are a couple of tunes from albums that didn't quite make my Top 20, (though if I made another list from scratch tomorrow, they might well feature on it) 'The Soul of All Natural Things', the title track from the first Linda Perhacs LP in 44 years and 'How We Be', the lead single from Sinkane's fifth album, 'Mean Love'.





4 comments:

Erik Bartlam said...

I'm not exactly sure how it fits but How We Be is awesome...I'm blitzed. I'm going around and responging to post...after a night where I laid and drooled all over the twon...I love this one...I love it like you love things when You're drunk.

The Swede said...

I'm glad Sinkane suited the moment Erik. Perhaps a little Linda Perhacs will help when the hangover kicks in!

C said...

I'm liking Sinkane too - I think that 'Mars' might have to be one of my post-festive purchases (the list gets longer!)
Look forward to hearing the ones that make your final list, TS.

Anonymous said...

44 years, Linda? Sounds like it was worth the wait. I love 'Parallelograms' and it seems her follow-up is a must, too. Don't wait another 44 years, though. Mind you, if she does manage that feat it really would be quite something. Sinkane have something going on, too.

Greatest Hits