Friday 1 September 2017

Home Again

On the hottest Bank Holiday Monday in living memory, my cousin and I spent a couple of hours walking along the towpath of the River Lea from Stratford to Walthamstow, a stretch that we both regularly walked with our Dads when we were young children in the early 1960s. It was the first time my cousin's husband and kids had visited our old stomping grounds, while for us it was a period of reflection and not a little nostalgia - over 40 years had elapsed since we last walked alongside that river together.

Here's Doug Tuttle from his recent LP, 'Peace Potato'.

Doug Tuttle - Home Again

(This is just a flying visit i'm afraid. I'm off back down to London for a few days, to look after my aunt as she undergoes a cataract operation.)

2 comments:

Alyson said...

That must have been quite a nostalgic walk. As I've just said over at John's place, I blinked and the years just seem to have whizzed by.

C said...

Hope all goes well for your Aunt, TS, she must really appreciate your kindness - lovely photo too.

Greatest Hits